Industrial access scaffold solutions for chemical firm in Teesside | SNF
SNF is leader in manufacturing and processing water-soluble polymers (based on polyacrylamide), SNF UK is a supplier of polyacrylamide and associated products to the Municipal, Oil & Gas, and Industrial Markets, with Head Offices in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, and a major manufacturing site in Billingham, Teesside. JMAC have been operating on the site for a number of years, undertaking maintenance works and providing scaffold and access systems to enable teams to remove insulation then NDT test, blast, and coat tanks.
Industrial Project Considerations
The client required maintenance work to be carried out initially on 3 agitator vessel internals. This included weld repairs to internal vessel maintenance. The vessels were bowl bottomed, with no flat surface and due to the nature of the internal works, this was classed as a low risk confined space. One of the agitators inside the vessels had snapped and the client had to build around and lift the agitator into position. The space around one of the vessels was limited and the site also required a new pipework installation.
After discussions with the client, JMAC’s scaffolding design team agreed a plan for the works.
Before the project started:
- The scaffolding contracts team inspected the workspace, prepared a rescue management plan and safe system of work. This included monitoring and supervision of all personnel entering and exiting the work space and monitoring the atmosphere of the confined space and advise if additional precautions should be taken or if works should be re-evaluated.
Once the project had started, the team undertook the following works:
- * Organisation of a pre-entry gas test before entry into the vessel
- * A signing in / out system
- * Bespoke access scaffold with materials cut to size
- * Management of a team of 4 at the site, with 2 men inside the vessel, 1 man in attendance/standby, and 1 man passing scaffolding materials through
- * A special configuration frame was created at base level to house the vessel due to the bowl bottom
JMAC provide a “turn-key” solution to every phase of industrial projects which provides clients with a single point of contact for any scope of work, saving our clients time and money by avoiding the additional charges that often come with using scaffolding or insulation subcontractors.
Anthony Johnson, Head of Industrial and Regeneration said “JMAC Scaffolding has supported SNF with temporary access solutions for maintenance and repair work to help quickly resolve any operational issues throughout the site at the production facility in Teesside. We have provided SNF with various access solutions and completed works competently, safely and efficiently.
Our team have all been well trained in industrial environments and adhere to the latest safety standards whilst ensuring that client deadlines and requirements were met throughout the duration of the works and communicate with all sub-contractors involved in any maintenance and repair works to ensure jobs remain on schedule.”
GET IN TOUCH
If you would like any more information on our scaffolding services then please send us a message